Go Back   tanTALK - Tanning Salon Business Owners Community > Health & Beauty > Tanning Lotion Buzz

Tanning Lotion Buzz Talk about what's hot and what's not.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Out Of Curiosity...Jersey Shore "Reality Stars" names on tanning lotions...

Hi Everyone !!!
I haven't been here for a while, I haven't been feeling too well.
ANYWAY, just out of curiosity, with ALL the NEW Indoor Tanning Lotions that have the names of Jersey Shore " reality stars" on them, such as Australian Gold's " JWOWW ", Devoted Creations "Pauly D" and Supre's " Snooki ", has anyone tried any of them and if so, did you like them or not and if you tried one or more of them, are any of them any good ...???
I don't think that these Jersey Shore " Reality Stars " had ANY input into how the lotions were made, that their ONLY contributions to these lotions are their names.
I also noticed that they do NOT only have ONE lotion with their names on them, but each of them have several lotions ( bronzing lotion, tan maximizing lotion, HOT lotion with bronzers, etc...) with their names on them, and they also have Sunless Spray Tan 's.
ALL replies would be greatly appreciated !!!
I realize that the names of these people from the Jersey Shore TV show could possibly be good to carry and sell in the Salon, and it IS a very good marketing plan, BUT just because these " Reality Stars" put their names on the bottles from these Tanning Lotion Companies, I would like to make sure the lotions are good and also have ingredients in them that are good for the skin. I want to make sure the lotions are good and that my clients are paying for a good indoor tanning lotion and not an indoor tanning lotion that is "so so " but since , for example " Snooki's " name is on it, they might have the idea that it MUST be a good lotion if " Snooki " put her name on it. I don't want the clients to be fooled by the "Star's " influence.
Did that make any sense...???
Thank you for taking the time to read this and like I said, any and all replies will be greatly appreciated !!!
Enjoy your weekend !!!
All My Best...
Ricky :)
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Out Of Curiosity...Jersey Shore "Reality Stars" names on tanning lotions...

If I could only choose one line to carry of the 3, I would choose the Snooki line. It has an accelerator, bronzer and tingle+bronzer, and as I said, I love the smell, consistency and results.
The Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 21 HOT STUFF is a name known to all HOT STUFF is a name known to all HOT STUFF is a name known to all HOT STUFF is a name known to all HOT STUFF is a name known to all HOT STUFF is a name known to all

We have the Jwoww and the Snookie lines and Jwoww out sells Snookie 10-1. We don't carry the Pauly D line. Most people when they see the Snookie line, the first thing out of their mouth is "I don't want to look like Snookie".
Old 05-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have not tried any of them but others are posting Snooki is not selling well. I read somewhere one salon owner was trying to give her`s away. Snooki and Pauly D will be out just about as fast as they came in. jwoww might last a little longer. No they do not have any input on what goes in the bottle. They are being sold on name only.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

I was reluctant to "go there", but it's about what the client wants, so tried out the JWOWW, it actually was pretty decent. Then tried the Snooki Black and I agree w/Spook that I really like the smell.

I'm having a tough time keeping the Snooki Black & Tingler on the shelves.

I'm sure hoping you're feeling better Ricky!!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lamp Geek

Rep Power: 23 JOHN @ URI has a spectacular aura about JOHN @ URI has a spectacular aura about

Snooki Black is a top seller, Also Pauly D is flying right now. Jwoww still going good, but I think these others are stealing some of her thunder.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

It's too bad Snooki's name is on it, because it really is a great line!

I've tried all the Jersey Shore lotions (except the brand new Jwoww PR 50x and the new Pauly D Sexy Swagg). I bought a bottle of Snooki's Hot Bronzer just for myself to use even though I don't sell it (my customers tend to be older on average).
The Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lamp Geek

Rep Power: 23 JOHN @ URI has a spectacular aura about JOHN @ URI has a spectacular aura about

PD's Sexy Swagg is going well, lots of reorders on that already
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Smile Re: Out Of Curiosity...Jersey Shore "Reality Stars" names on tanning lotions...

Oh and yes, Ricky the Snooki has your favorite Tyrosine in it. HTH
Old 05-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for your replies !!!
I thought if anything that " Snooki " would be the less popular of the 3, like someone stated " I don't want to look like Snooki" etc...I was able to see some of the ingredients in the Devoted Creations " Pauly D " and also AG's " JWOWW" and they do have the ingredients I would want in an indoor bronzing tanning lotion, it's just that I would prefer the " Tyrosine(s)" and the " DHA and Erythrulose " a litltle more towards the beginning of the ingredient list, but still I think I'll have to ask my supplier for samples so I can try it on myself. I pretty much have my mind made up that I won't like these, but that's not right, I have to at least give them a try. I feel like I am " limited " to only carrying / selling 3 brands of lotions ( Designer Skin, Supre and HEMPZ ) and maybe I could carry 1 more, but I can't complain too much, the lotions I DO carry I have to re-stock almost every 2 weeks !!! :)
Thanks again everyone !!!
Have a great weekend and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the "Mom's" out there !!! :)