Go Back   tanTALK - Tanning Salon Business Owners Community > TanTalk Central > New To The Tanning Business

New To The Tanning Business Interested or Future Salon Business Owners discuss Topics Here and Ask Questions To The Pros.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 21 2004
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,502
Rep Power: 15 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Business Opportunity

If anyone in the DFW TX area is interested in opening a tanning salon I have an incredible opportunity in a dense demographic market where we have an incredible turn key opportunity. Very unique opportunity.
__________________
Stephen Underhill
Consultant
steve@smuconsulting.com
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 22 2005
Posts: 770
Rep Power: 13 kookyguy will become famous soon enough
Re: Business Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Underhill View Post
If anyone in the DFW TX area is interested in opening a tanning salon I have an incredible opportunity in a dense demographic market where we have an incredible turn key opportunity. Very unique opportunity.

Soo why don't you open a salon Steve?
kookyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 28 2012
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0 pettrie2002 is on a distinguished road
Re: Business Opportunity

I live in ogden utah I found a salon with 7 beds and everything to run it and has no debt. Is $6500.00 a good price?
pettrie2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 13 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 90
Rep Power: 0 davidjsmithct is on a distinguished road
Re: Business Opportunity

6500.00 ???????
davidjsmithct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 21 2004
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,502
Rep Power: 15 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: Business Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettrie2002 View Post
I live in ogden utah I found a salon with 7 beds and everything to run it and has no debt. Is $6500.00 a good price?
If it is a bad salon that can't be fixed, it is not a good deal at any price. All existing salon opportunities should be evaluated as though you are opening a new salon. Some salons are just never going to be successful.
Location, room sizes and demographics must be good before you even look at other factors.
__________________
Stephen Underhill
Consultant
steve@smuconsulting.com
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 15 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0 MrMan is on a distinguished road
Re: Business Opportunity

I am looking at a salon that has been in business for about two years but has been doing poorly because the owners have other business ventures and they initially started this business as a side show. The salon is in good location, next to Publix, decor is in good shape, business is non existent because of poor employees and zero marketing. Following are the pieces of equipment that are currently in place:

1. GIANT SUN ORIGINAL DR.MULLER BED MAX BED TIME 10 MIN 160W WITH 1000 FACIALS
2. GIANT SUN DR.MULLER BED MAX BED TIME 10 MIN 160W WITH 1000 FACIALS
3. DR.MULLER ORBIT 12 MIN MAX
4. DR. MULLER SUN STORM 12 MIN MAX
5. HIGH PRESSURE ULTRABRONZ SPECIAL EDITION SUPERNOVA (NEEDSFAN NOT BEING USED)
6. HIGH PRESSURE BED I BELIEVE ITS DR.MULLER (NOT BEING USED)
7. SUN CAPSULE SUPER CYCLONE STAND UP 8MIN MAX
8. SUN CAPSULE PERFECT TEN STAND UP 9MIN MAX
9. SUN CAPSULE SIXTY NINE STAND UP 9 MIN MAX
10.ONE SPRAY TAN BOOTH

There are two beds that have recently been re-bulbed, rest may or may not need re-bulbing immediately. Rent is $2600, Power is $400, and etc.

What should I pay for this salon? Should I buy it, considering that I live about 5 hours of drive time away, thus will be owning it remotely from afar with a new manager and new employees running it? Please give me your advice as soon as possible.
MrMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 19 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 932
Rep Power: 8 Black Sun is on a distinguished road
Re: Business Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
I am looking at a salon that has been in business for about two years but has been doing poorly because the owners have other business ventures and they initially started this business as a side show. The salon is in good location, next to Publix, decor is in good shape, business is non existent because of poor employees and zero marketing. Following are the pieces of equipment that are currently in place:

1. GIANT SUN ORIGINAL DR.MULLER BED MAX BED TIME 10 MIN 160W WITH 1000 FACIALS
2. GIANT SUN DR.MULLER BED MAX BED TIME 10 MIN 160W WITH 1000 FACIALS
3. DR.MULLER ORBIT 12 MIN MAX
4. DR. MULLER SUN STORM 12 MIN MAX
5. HIGH PRESSURE ULTRABRONZ SPECIAL EDITION SUPERNOVA (NEEDSFAN NOT BEING USED)
6. HIGH PRESSURE BED I BELIEVE ITS DR.MULLER (NOT BEING USED)
7. SUN CAPSULE SUPER CYCLONE STAND UP 8MIN MAX
8. SUN CAPSULE PERFECT TEN STAND UP 9MIN MAX
9. SUN CAPSULE SIXTY NINE STAND UP 9 MIN MAX
10.ONE SPRAY TAN BOOTH

There are two beds that have recently been re-bulbed, rest may or may not need re-bulbing immediately. Rent is $2600, Power is $400, and etc.

What should I pay for this salon? Should I buy it, considering that I live about 5 hours of drive time away, thus will be owning it remotely from afar with a new manager and new employees running it? Please give me your advice as soon as possible.
-------
I am familiar with this salon...in John's Creek, right?
Beds are excellent, tho no longer made, so future parts if not generic, may be hard to come by...

Bed#6 is not working, nor has worked for a long time...It is an old Mueller Omega, may be useless.

Without knowing facts, I'd say ALL beds would need to be "re-bulbed"...those lamps can very well be the originals. This saon has been for sale awhile. doubt they are 'new'

Yes, excellent location, but lot of high-end competition....

A 5hour drive? No matter what you pay (I know what owner is asking) it may be a losing proposition due to the 5hr separation. You will be no diff than previous owner... trust me, absentee ownership/management is not wise, especially with a long commute. you will find yourself losing interest rapidly..unless you have a good manager in place, one you can trust...this salon suffered from the EXACT reasons you are considering..CAUTION
PM me...
Black Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Team TanTalk
 
parrot head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13 2004
Location: Menomonie, Wi.
Age: 77
Posts: 3,145
Rep Power: 17 parrot head has disabled reputation
Re: Business Opportunity

Tanning in a saloon, not that's a different combo, I've never seen. lol
parrot head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 19 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 932
Rep Power: 8 Black Sun is on a distinguished road
Re: Business Opportunity

Maybe he meant, 'spitoon'
Black Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice of tanning salon business opportunity please! Grant Laham New To The Tanning Business 3 06-02-2010 06:54 PM
Newbie here with a great opportunity clayaikenfan New To The Tanning Business 3 08-11-2008 04:45 AM
Need advice on a business opportunity (buying an existing tanning salon) tansongbird New To The Tanning Business 11 06-12-2004 04:47 PM
Opportunity is calling! Any advice? TexasTanFan New To The Tanning Business 4 03-20-2004 01:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright 2009 - tanTALK.com

click here for advertising info!