Go Back   tanTALK - Tanning Salon Business Owners Community > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, Advertising all your marketing special ideas and Specials for your salon.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
Team TanTalk
 
House of Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 21 2003
Location: The Fort
Posts: 939
Rep Power: 14 House of Tan has a spectacular aura about House of Tan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Competing with ridiculous Competitor's specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot head View Post
Fixed costs, variable costs, or GM, who cares. At the end of the day, If I can stick a few hundred bucks in my wallet
If you tracked and managed these numbers you could easily increase those hundreds going into your wallet. Why would anyone not want to make more money?
__________________
Startbucks
House of Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
Team TanTalk
 
parrot head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13 2004
Location: Menomonie, Wi.
Age: 76
Posts: 3,145
Rep Power: 16 parrot head has disabled reputation
Re: Competing with ridiculous Competitor's specials

The more I make the more of my social security I have to pay back.
parrot head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 18 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 13 peach will become famous soon enough
Re: Competing with ridiculous Competitor's specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Tan View Post
If you tracked and managed these numbers you could easily increase those hundreds going into your wallet. Why would anyone not want to make more money?
Just crunching numbers isn't going to make you more money. After 28 years, I am sure that he knows exactly what his "numbers" are.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
Team TanTalk
 
House of Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 21 2003
Location: The Fort
Posts: 939
Rep Power: 14 House of Tan has a spectacular aura about House of Tan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Competing with ridiculous Competitor's specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach View Post
Just crunching numbers isn't going to make you more money.
False, it is an essential part of making more money.

__________________
Startbucks
House of Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #35 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 18 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 13 peach will become famous soon enough
Re: Competing with ridiculous Competitor's specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Tan View Post
False, it is an essential part of making more money.
Read closely, I said "just" crunching numbers.....
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
 
crosbytan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 29 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 171
Rep Power: 4 crosbytan is on a distinguished road
Re: Competing with ridiculous Competitor's specials

I recently took over a salon in a downward spiral but its the only salon in town. I made a bunch of noticeable changes then ran some crazy specials during jan and feb. Feb 14 I had Valentanz day name of the salon is Island Tanz. I also did the 16 dayz of giveawayz on facebook to build up my likes. Grand prize was 6 month membership with a manicure/pedicure at a neighboring nail salon and any bottle of lotion in the store for free. i also did a raffle in store which paid me back for the lotion and help recover cost for the 6 months of tanning. All was done to be a lead in for Valentanz day. In 16 days I got 300+ likes on Facebook and 7400 people saw the Valentanz day posts about valentanz day being free tan day. I ran a one day only sale on valentanz as well marking bottles down 10% and super months were 415 off and reg months $10 off. Not 1 person came in to tan for free, and we had the biggest day of the year. We actually had 2 $2k+ days in one week. which is awesome for us considering our average per day is around $500. All in all I dont feel as though it hurt us because today almost everyone of the new customers bought an after tan product ect....
crosbytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #37 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 18 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 1,153
Rep Power: 13 peach will become famous soon enough
Re: Competing with ridiculous Competitor's specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbytan View Post
I recently took over a salon in a downward spiral but its the only salon in town. I made a bunch of noticeable changes then ran some crazy specials during jan and feb. Feb 14 I had Valentanz day name of the salon is Island Tanz. I also did the 16 dayz of giveawayz on facebook to build up my likes. Grand prize was 6 month membership with a manicure/pedicure at a neighboring nail salon and any bottle of lotion in the store for free. i also did a raffle in store which paid me back for the lotion and help recover cost for the 6 months of tanning. All was done to be a lead in for Valentanz day. In 16 days I got 300+ likes on Facebook and 7400 people saw the Valentanz day posts about valentanz day being free tan day. I ran a one day only sale on valentanz as well marking bottles down 10% and super months were 415 off and reg months $10 off. Not 1 person came in to tan for free, and we had the biggest day of the year. We actually had 2 $2k+ days in one week. which is awesome for us considering our average per day is around $500. All in all I dont feel as though it hurt us because today almost everyone of the new customers bought an after tan product ect....
Good job! That proves that you can buy a bad salon and turn it around
without breaking the bank. Sometimes all you need is some TLC.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Competing with gyms? norah02 Tanning Salon Management 1 10-25-2010 07:26 AM
Ridiculous bronzeman11 General Tanning Industry Discussions 6 12-11-2005 09:24 PM
ridiculous zectasy General Tanning Industry Discussions 12 07-22-2005 01:32 PM
Ridiculous Wish List its Funzzzz! Meltdbutta Say What ????? 2 12-21-2002 09:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright 2009 - tanTALK.com

click here for advertising info!