View Single Post
Old 08-22-2001, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Soakinuptherays
I love Derf!!

Rep Power: 24 Soakinuptherays has a spectacular aura about Soakinuptherays has a spectacular aura about
Distributors: Buying Name Brand Indoor Tanning Products :There are many great distributors selling a variety of indoor tanning products and salon supplies. Often they will call you, ask them if they are distributor or a product manufacturer so you know who you are dealing with. A great local distributor is an asset to your business but their are some basics you need to ask to make sure you have a quality distributor.Getting the best price:When you are buying “National Name Brand “ indoor tanning products from distributors. It is the same exact product no matter where you buy it, so pay the lowest price possible. How can you tell if you have paid the lowest price? Ca;ll and ask several distributors give you quotes on the same products. Then buy from the lowest price!Everything a distributor telemarketer calls you ask for a better deal, than your current discounts. If they will not give you better price then you have no reason to give them an order, tell them that! Put the pressure on them to earn your business! Let them beat themselves up over price. Always push for a lower price, the worst you can hear isno!What about Discount controls or price restrictions? Getting the best price - Part 2:There is always away around any rule! Price controls only exist for those people to stupid to ask for a better price.Distributors have been violating the price caps and discount restrictions since day one! Sure, they may have to do some fancy accounting to not show your “real “price on the invoice but discount greater than the “ mandatory price controls” do exist, you simply have to ask. If you are already getting the maximum discount on products then ask the distributor. “ Why should I use your company I am already getting the maximum discount from distributor X?” The next sound you hear will most likely be the braking of the pricing barriers! Always push for a lower price, the worst you can hear is no!Is it the latest packaging: Often early in the tanning season, distributors are dumping the old packaging from last year. Make sure you ask for the latest packaging or get a better discount for taking the old stuff.Backorders:Ask about their backorder policy and if any item from your order will be backordered. Avoid paying for backorders in advance and shipping/COD charges on backorder shipments. Why pay for products you have not received!Ask about additional charges: Ask when placing your order if their any additional charges on your invoice beyondthe product cost. Shipping, handling, and other charges increase the net cost of your products and reduce your profits. How quickly will I get that shipment:In tanning season, it is very important to get your products as soon as possible. The quicker it gets on your shelf the quicker it can result in cash in your pocket. Ask when the product will be shipped and how long it will take to arrive. Then verify they told you the truth.Do not buy anything COD:If you get 50 cod shipments this year, you will cost yourself $250 in profits (50 x$5.00 (UPS COD CHARGE) = $250.00). Get a business or personal credit card to pay for all of your tanning products you purchase for your salon. If you get one that has a reward/incentive program then there is an extra benefit. In the early days of my company, I often wrote out the company check to VISA, the day I ordered the product to ensure I paid my credit card off every month even if VISA got 4 or 5 checks in the envelope.Develop a relationship:Find a good distributor that meets all your needs and stay with them. The more you havethat personal relationship the more that distributor is willing to bend or break the rules for you that will result in more money to your pocket in the long run. But never pay a higher price for the same products somewhere else. Make distributors earn your business every order with the best price!
Soakinuptherays is offline   Reply With Quote