View Single Post
Old 04-27-2001, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bronze Star

I'm glad you know what to do and are doing it correctly. So many people don't realize the danger of putting all their eggs in one basket. I worked in the IT field for awhile and know how important it is to keep sensitive information not only secure, but also backed up in a secondary location.At one company I worked for, too much information was put on a shared drive open to too many wandering fingers and all too often files would be tampered with.Another thing to be aware of is to password protect systems, use firewalls and have admin and user priveledges defined. At one company I worked for they had their firewalls and priveledges defined, but then were so stupid as to have all the same password for every employee. To say the least, I no longer work at such a place that is so careless.I'm sorry if you took my questions as "being nasty" but it often helps to find out what people know before blindly offering advice. I'd hate to suggest everything you already have in place for a protective measure, only to have you come back and say "been there, done that!" My questions often come in the form of information gathering, as in the post from Solid concerning problem clients. That's all, sorry for the misunderstanding.Laurie
Bronze Star is offline   Reply With Quote