View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
sbt501

Re: Now is the time to go cashless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Cash is a burden, it causes employees to steal. They cant make change, they cant count. Customers get back to much or too little.

Stores with cash can get robbed. Taking cash to the bank is dangerous.
Its safer for staff and customers if you dont have cash present.

It takes employees lots of time to balance their drawers that are always off.

Taking checks is not even worth addressing.
Cash doesn't cause employees to steal poor management allows employees to steal. Lack of due diligence in managements safe guards against theft whether with cash, product, customer information or payment info falls on management, jmo,.

Fortunately in 20 years I have not had to deal with a robbery, a stolen car crashed into store yes, robbery no. The jewelry store 2 doors down a much more attractive target.

Plus that 2.5% saved by accepting cash or checks (lol) adds up over the years.

I don't want to limit my customers option of payment my competition already does this. Granted cash is used less than 10 years ago and that is ok.

Idk about your areas but do you see a lot of tanning salon robberies?? I have heard of one in 20 years and it was a former employee. Tony you have been doing this a long time before u went cashless how many times were your stores robbed? Just curious and once is too many times.....

As far as employees balancing till. Don't employ dumb employees if they can't balance the till how are they selling and explaining why a package or offer is the best value for your customers? If the till is consistently off, this falls on management.

Yesterdays sales 97% cash last 3 days 87% cash, granted this is far from the norm but those sales cost me 2.5% less than running credit.

Besides online what other business that has sales transactions under $15 doesn't accept cash?? Besides car washes??
sbt501 is offline   Reply With Quote