View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
hufubrutu

Exclamation How to carotenoid tanning? (Routine, pics, etc)

Hello everyone,

I've been reading for a while now about "tanning" with carotenoids, and it seems like a great option for me, as I want to avoid the risks that come with suntanning - unfortunately, the information I found online is patchy, at best.

One picture that I keep seeing is this one:

The left is the normal complexion, the middle suntanned, and the right pic carotenoid "tanned", respectively. However, I've been unable to find anything on how to actually achieve the look in the right picture - so I'm hoping someone on here might have experience with carotenoid tanning.

First of all, which carotenoid should you use for it? Wikipedia lists Lycopene, Beta-carotene and Canthaxanthin in its sunless tanning article, respectively - which one of these carotenoids will work best, or give the best look? Or do you think a combination of different carotenoids works best? What I want to avoid is looking like a I have jaundice. Which segues into my next question:

Which dose in mg should I take everyday to achieve the look in the picture?

I plan to get the carotenoids I need through supplements instead of naturally (i.e. pills instead of carrots), can anyone recommend a specific product to me that works best? I'm in Germany, idk what products they have here - but I'm trying to keep the cost as low as possible (I'm even considering taking birdfood with carotenoids in it - ****, long as it's cheap and not toxic...). Any recommendations?

Finally, can anyone report from own experience if and how well carotenoid tanning actually works? How long will it take to see results?

Do you have before and after pictures of yourself?

Sorry for the flood of questions, but again, I could find almost nothing substantial through Google on the subject
hufubrutu is offline   Reply With Quote