View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 06:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
DH

Talking Re: When, how often, where to increase prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsally View Post
Also - for your new customer special (5 visits every level, goggles, bottle of lotion for $50)...

LOVE the "one visit per unit" - I recommend a "tour" like this to all the salons I consult with!

Key to this is:

a. Multiple visits

b. Try everything (or at least the best equip)

c. One time only, at a substantially discounted price (I usually price at approx 50% off or approx the cost of the highest price unit for a single tan)

Only thing I might "suggest" as an alternative to your offering....

rather than a "cheap" bottle of lotion (I assume it would be low end if part of a $50 offering...), make it one (or more) packettes of lotion instead.

This way they can sample better lotions or lotion "types" - and be more likely to buy a better quality lotion down the road.

If you "start" them on a cheap lotion - they may never bother to move up 'cause "this one seems fine".

So your 5 visit salon tour is maybe $29.95 or $32 instead of $50 and includes 1 packette of lotion and maybe the googles. Then SELL them additional packettes for their next visits and find what they like for a bottle.

Or keep it at $50 if you find that is still a price point you can sell to EVERY NEW CUSTOMER that walks in --- and show the "value", with the 5 visits and 5 packettes and pair of goggles -- of $100++).

With your EFT bottle discounts, it helps make membership look like a better deal upfront when they will ALSO get to take a discount off a better bottle of lotion!! A new customer special that INCLUDES lotion bottle means that the "perk" of the EFT will now be put off til later down the road...and may make that membership less enticing as a result....

P.s. Being picky now...but I see 7 pieces of equip, including Sunless. 6 without. So which unit is NOT included in the 5 visit tour - and why??
Our tour is 1 tan in each level and 2 in level 2 because that level has lay downs and standups (1 in each). We don't include spray tan in this but need to do so.

I really like your idea of switching from a bottle to packetts. We currently allow them to pick a lotion up to $28 which is promoting cheap stuff and switching to packetts would potentially encourage higher end lotions.

******, now I have homework
DH is offline   Reply With Quote