View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
parrot head
Team TanTalk

Thumbs up Re: Nothing new in 5 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Girl View Post
PARROT!

How did it go & how ya doing? 10 months of suspense isn't very nice! ��
After finishing our "Sale from ****", the wife and I just kind of chilled the rest of the summer. We went to the UP of Michigan and toured that area on the Harley. I had open heart surgery the end of October (By-pass (5), but feeling good now. Now, back to this sale: This husband and wife (total idiots), with no business experience, or personality, decide they want to own a tanning salon. I won't go into the details of this sale, and the problems these people created, because I could write a book. Here are some of the highlights: Cash deal after finally agreeing that we fix a number of things that the inspector recommended be done. One major item that we fixed, were the bricks on areas of the outside of building. These fixes cost us over $10,000. After we started doing the repairs, he backed out of the deal, but we wouldn't return the $5000 earnest money---the deal was back on. Because we already sold the beds in the basement, to another salon, this guy got pissy about that, and offered more for these beds, if we renigged on our deal, and left them in the basement. I told him no, and that he didn't need all those beds anyway. In a nutshell, these people have put in excess of $500,000 into the purchase. They put on a new roof, bought new beds, and had to rewire for the power for these beds. They bought, not one, but two Soltron HP Kiwis, and 4 ETS Legends. they filled the basement with beds again. I didn't think they would last a year, and low and behold, I heard that they were struggling, and at this time of the year. Last year at this time, our parking lot was full all day long, now we see maybe 4 0r 5 cars in there. The wife is back working at her old job to pick up some hours to pay the bills, and he is driving away what customers they have. We love it, and it couldn't happen the worse people.
parrot head is offline   Reply With Quote