View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
jenuinetan

Re: Website advice...

I have a Certificate in Graphic Design and when it came time to do my own site I knew I wanted to use a template. Easy, fast, simple.

I ended up using Vistaprint and the hosting/domain/email are around $10 a month with lots of options. I bought domains through GODADDY as they always have deals just google domain name deals and you can get a new one for $1for a whole year. I used GODADDY for the website for a contest and although they have some great designs I had so many problems dealing with them and everything is "extra" so I only use them for domain names.

ABSOLUTELY BUY YOUR DOMAIN name and get a few different similar options and direct them to your site (it's easy). You want to control your domain. Which will allow you to change host providers if you want at some point without losing your name. You save money and keep control. WIN-WIN!

I also HIGHLY recommend setting up your own site for a couple reasons. There are so many great user friendly website providers with professional designs and at the end of the day that $500 can go toward hosting your site for 3-4 years or other stuff.

Plus by doing your own site you can literally have it up in an afternoon and YOU will know how to update it etc. you don't have to depend on someone else that you have to pay to do it.

Clearly if I was selling my services as a Graphic Designer I would do something "special" but for tanning I just wanted something that was simple and got me up and running fast.