View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
jenuinetan

Re: Norvell VIP aka TE Pro - loose part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarie30 View Post
I just purchased the TE Pro unit and was wondering what setting you keep your gun and unit on. My friend also bought one and says her gun is sputtering? Anyone have any issues with this? I'm still waiting for my unit to come and and praying I don't have any problems. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Hi KMarie!

I mainly spray with the air flow dial on the turbine at 3/4 and 5 on the gun which I believe was what was initially recommended. I HIGHLY recommend posting some paper towels in your shower using painters tape and using training spray to test the settings to see the difference in spraying when you switch the air and the amount of solution . I sprayed at 3 for awhile doing several layers on clients but had a difficult time seeing the guide colour because it was just too light. Several techs on here spray regularly at 8 but it really depends on YOUR comfort level and keeping a nice steady speed.

If you did not get training spray just use sample solution that you don't really like or I think I read online that the owner of Hollywood Airbrush Tanning used a couple drops of food colouring in water when she was teaching herself to spray.

There could be a couple issues with "sputtering" the solution cup might not be tight enough or not enough solution in the cup which results in air bubbles. The reason why some prefer gravity cups rather than suction feed. It could also be not clean or after all else is ruled out maybe it needs to be replaced. I think they have a 1 year warranty so it should not be a problem. Most times I have had a problem it can be ruled out by "user error" for lack of a better term.

ParadiseBronze is an amazing resource for this machine and has many of these machines! Please keep me posted if that problem is solved and how you like your new unit.