View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
peach2

Re: what is you take on customers bringing in lotion they bought online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tan View Post
interesting perspective, sounds as cynical as I always will be.

you read the label on some of this stuff, and they could use it for outdoor tanning, but... do they?

they use it in our salons.

there are great companies out there that develop a protective mechanisms for the retailer, your saying this is not the case... it's a free for all.

So..that is why I say it's all fluff, If Designer Skin or whoever claims they are the best and has ingredients like no others, they can maintain a higher price point without leaking it to the internet..

but..
they can't since it's no better than the other slop out there.

the MSRP is more than 2 times keystone....

this gives us room to mark them down when we need to have a smoke and mirror promotion.

Just trying to figure it out, can't summarily, mark them down 50%, that would be fiscal suicide.

If the customer lays down and pays for pop, I ain't gonna complain.

I'll take the big with the small
Do you think that the internet merchants pay the same thing for a bottle of luminary that you and I do? We buy 10 bottles at the most at 1 time; they buy 1000. Who do you think gets the best discount? plus, internet merchants don't have to take chances on which lotion will be a hit this year and which ones are on their way out. They aren't stuck with unsold "dog" lotions. They wait until the manufacturers get their initial orders in from the retail salons, then buy the hot movers in big quantities.
peach2 is offline   Reply With Quote