View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
peach2

Re: What I learned during the first year of owning a tanning salon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tan View Post
Peach, I came into it late, when I was a kid, I spent hellufalot a time in Venice beach( I'm in LA) and then tanned in salons as well, with no regard to pricing, It was just an impulse... I had to be dark, and I didn't care what I had to do to get it. having been in the Army stationed in Schofield Barracks Hawaii, tan was in; at least for me.

I came from Commercial real estate and Insurance and while I had fun, owning a brick and mortar is what I am wired for, having owned numerous restaurants in the past.

This said, I think every industry has taken a "hit" not only tanning, but we have different force working against us compounding the slide.

I believe in the product, my weight lifting was plagued with muscular pain and I tried everything,sups, pre workouts, protien sups, post workouts diets, paleo, akins, the onlything that allowed me to lift the same as when in my 20's was vitamin D, , via the sun and interval training in said sunlight and when it's not there supplements...I am sold for life that what I am doing is very necessary for humans to thrive. it's a done deal

I like working, I came out of semi retirement and for decades barely worked more than 15 hours.

The more I do this Salon stuff the more I like it, so from my perspective...it way cool...building the business, live and die by my own doings or undoings
Even for those of us who have been in it for 20 years or more, it gets in your blood; I understand that. No matter how difficult it gets to do it, most of us want to stay in it as long as we can. There comes a time however, where the economics just doesn't make sense,no matter how much you love it.
peach2 is offline   Reply With Quote