View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
Turbo Girl

Re: The Official ITA Bemoaning Thread

Sure, the Vit D council would be excellent to have on board as well , as their primary focus is health benefit. Especially, the harmful effects of not enough sunlight and the carcinogenic properties of sunscreen.

But for us, the actual foundation of sunscare was methodically put in place by derms uniting to corner the market for profit. Joe Public does not know and exposing who's in bed w/who would be an offensive tactic to shake the sunscare foundation at the core.

The object of the game is to get Joe Public to question the info that has pounded in their heads on every level. I personally believe that we will eventually win this fight b/c truth is on our side. People instictively know that the sun (and sunbeds) give you more energy, makes you feel good and flock in droves to sunny vacation spots, etc.

They are only covering up and avoiding sun due to brainwashing. I don't think they WANT to, I think they feel they HAVE to for health benefits. Blowing the lid off that is what will be the game changer.

Now if your saying that it's not ITA's job due to money, bodies and financial constraints, then I absolutely agree with you. They are spread so thin and are contributing so much of their own time and money already, that it's pretty much impossible to do little else than attempt to put out small fires as they present.