View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
uv2021

Re: Your Opinion of what CURRENT ITA plan should be

I am not an ITA member.I am in Canada and a member of the JCTA.We have similar problems in Canada with corrupt govt officials using tanning salons for their own publicity efforts.

I think that the "evidence" being used against us needs to be examined under oath.When there are genuine penalties for lying I think the room full of mouthy lying derms would empty out fast.

I don't think it would be that hard in a courtroom setting to call the lies out.It is one thing to satnd up in front of the media and say "the world health organization says...."

I think it would be quite different in a courtroom knowing that under cross examination a very sharp skilled lawyer is going to ask some very difficult questions into what these lying derms really know.Like the use of relative risk to mislead the public and the politicians.

Or just how small the studies are and how few of them exist.The problem with trying to communicate this threw the mainstream media is that they are also liars,who will parrot (no offence parrothead) whatever their advertising masters want.

So I say the indoor tanning story needs to be told under oath.Then there are serious professional ,reputational and legal repercussions for lying.
uv2021 is offline   Reply With Quote