View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
peach

Re: Your Perception of PAST ITA "plan"

Well, anyone who dares address this issue will no doubt be sliced and diced, but who cares, lets go.

I honestly do not know what the ITA strategy is, other than to focus on legislative and regulatory issues related to the tan tax and under 18 tanning bans in the states.

While both of these issues are important to the members of the tanning industry, the tactics employed have not been effective.

The secret weapon for our industry is not the consultants and lobbyists, but the AMERICAN PEOPLE. Our focus should be on them. I believe that if the American public is properly informed about the issues concerning indoor tanning, they will support the industry and drive the debate for us.

So far, we have failed to inform and engage the public, or tap into the media resources that are available to us.

Why have we not done that, you ask? Don't know. My guess is that we are afraid of ******* off the people we are trying to negotiate with. News flash: they are already ****** off, and they want nothing less than our throats. So get over it, and lets get on with the information battle.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote