View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 21 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: Steve-bashing and SMU Consulting

I also see that you are a small salon and probably don't have a great many employees. Good for you for putting a manual together. Even if you are the only person at the salon a sales training and a procedure manual is important as a reminder of how to get the most out of your salon. The mindset of just winging it without structure will never generate the same success as a well organized and structured salon. things as simple as a uniform or company logo shirt make a big difference in how you are perceived by tanners. Don't think for a minute that little things don't make a difference because they do.

I have said this many times but it always rings true. Every decision you make will have a positive or negative effect on business. No decision will have a neutral effect. If there is something that you should be doing that you are not doing it will have a negative effect on business 100% of the time.

Doing things right always takes more effort. Do not avoid doing things because it takes more effort or because you are afraid of the process. Fear of new things or technology is a business killer.

I hope this is not taken as preaching. In business you must establish the proper mindset.
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote