View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 20 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: Steve-bashing and SMU Consulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileen View Post
It's simple. I'm in a very competitive market there are over 10 nice places to tan in less then a fifteen mile radius.

Sales 101. You may think it's don't answer an open ended question like do you use lotion? I disagree...I think you should know 3 things about your client. Do you quiz your staff on this after they sign up a new client? I do, I did it today to a team member! Steve have you ever mentioned this? KNOW your client and learn something about them! My customer average for myself is $25^ my team members $10^. What is yours Steve? Kidding you Steve, but unless you can spend time behind the counter and understand your clients you may never get to the numbers that will make a difference. Slap on new coats of paint all you want... I spent over 10K for an artist and if I put new paint over his art work trust me it would not look as good!

We are showing our best numbers in 9 years for the past 3 months. I even thought about selling on a high note but I have 3 nieces that think like me so I think we're here to stay. :)
Sounds like you are a successful salon owner, good for you. You obviously understand that you have an impact on your success even in what sounds like a vary competitive market.
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote