Thread: New or Old ?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 20 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: New or Old ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot head View Post
At times, no matter what you do, will bring in customers. My salon is seasonal, and June through August reflect this. My decreases every year for the last 8 years, are not for the lack of trying, but for the mindset of kids thinking tanning is not good for you, and they simply don't have the available funds. Steve, no matter what you say, this business is dying. Every time you turn around some organization or government agency is putting another nail in the coffin. It just never ends. My salon is a good example of what is wrong with the industry. I have a good customer base from which to draw from, I have a real clean, and appealing salon, and get many compliments., I always change, and have fresh lamps, I don't have a piece of equipment that has a bad or non-working part on it. Last, but not least, I have very little competition. Still, my sales continue to drop.
Maybe we could have a conversation sometime and just chat about what is going on in your salon. I just find it hard to believe with how you describe your salon that you are showing regular declines. maybe you are missing something in the evaluation of your salon and market.
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote