View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #55 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 21 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: Anyone use SMU Consulting to start up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sun View Post
I have been saying for the last few years, "The tanning industry is fading quicker than a cheap tan'. And yes, some would consider me a negative a$$, but in reality, I am a realist.

I could bet, half the people on this site would have moved on from tanning within the next 5 years. In fact, I will say, this site will have less traffic on it as well. Not that it is a bad site, in fact, it is not. But by virtue of the lack of salon owners still in existence, support will no longer be there. The major players do not come on to theses sites, if they do, they must be very secretive about it.

And I will go on record to say, most of the tanning in existence will be via a gym..as that is where the industry is headed.

'Nuff Said.
The fact is that this industry is changing. Those that don't change will fail and go away while the successful continue to be successful and grow and there will always be new operators with the energy and drive to succeed to replace those operators that quit because they were not smart enough to succeed. Look at Tony for example. He is taking advantage of an industry that is changing and he is growing, just like so many others. This is a very important site but the down side is that it is also a gathering of failing operators that preach doom and gloom because the industry has left them behind. Although some that come hear will listen to good advice and make the needed changes because they do not want to fail, they just don't know how to be successful and need help. They come here looking for help and if they listen closely they learn. Unfortunately they have to sift through so much negative BS that it becomes hard to learn.