View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
peach

Re: Anyone use SMU Consulting to start up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitednewguy View Post
We have been in the business for about 8 years now. Certaintly not 30+, but I don't think it take shtis long to be good at what you do. Here is the way I look at it. Has a person giving consulting "done what they are telling you to do". Is this recent or 25 years ago? Someone who did whatever 320 years ago, is not in the same game as someone current. The tanning business was totally different back then. Another thing I look at, is this person selling equipment too? In my eyes, I look at this as a bad thing. Their goal is to sell you equipment, not to consult you. Every single dist out there has their own "stuff" on their page about their consulting, but NONE of them have any real consulting at all. They sell beds!!!!!

I am working on building a true consulting business. No bed sales or anything else, just pure consulting. We started in 2006 and now have 10 Salons, all profitable, and all have increased sales and profit over 30% each year since they were open. A person who has done and is doing is the one you want to talk to, not someone who owned a salon 25 years ago. Things today are so different, especially marketing. We have spoken with an attorney about franchising our business, but probably will not just because it is so expensive and the legal things involved we don't want to deal with.
If you are a successful as say you are, PBT will be in touch soon. And if they do, you had better listen.