View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 20 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: Anyone use SMU Consulting to start up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
As far as consulting goes, I use a business coach that has never step foot in a tanning salon until ours.

He still guides us on business matters to help us grow a BUSINESS and not a hobby. We've grown substantially every year since we opened and we've had a on going relationship for four years and his ROI is massive IMHO.

I'm kinda glad that he doesn't have any tanning industry experience. This forces me to do my own research by visiting sites like this one. If I had a consultant that did everything for me, then my salon would the consultants with me operating it for him.
Consultants do not simply tell you what to do. A good consultant makes sure that you have all of the accurate information so you can make a well educated decision. In the end it should be your vision based on what will generate the most income and create the most successful business. Being guided by someone that has no real and practical experience in the industry you need assistance with is a bad decision.

The main thing is that you get assistance from a qualified person that actually makes a difference in the success of your business. If for you that turns out to be a life coach or a guru, that is fine as long as it is making you successful.

I applaud anyone that is actually doing something to make positive changes. Change is good, especially if is the right changes. Those that do something are more like to improve their situation than those that do nothing. Mistakes are fine, learn from them.