View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
DH

Re: Tanning Software

TanTrack is not a great product. It's actually a poor product built to provide a minimum service to our industry.

Advantages are quick to learn, cost were low a few years ago, and once they get in the door it's a pain in the butt to change so no one does.

Disadvantages are you're very limited on almost everything you want to do like-upgrades from one package to another, build specialized packages like a intro package, move customers around from one EFT package to another, allow a customer to pay cash one month for their EFT instead of CC, and on on .... , you can't REALLY operate multiple stores (although they'll tell you it's possible with a lot of work), lot's of security issues that allow employees to steal from you, and on on on......

To top all that off their service has gotten worse over the years. For example, three years ago I purchased PC Charge for $550 ($200-$300 too much but worth it with GOOD service) and they installed it and did a wonderful job! Three months ago I purchased PC Charge for $550 ($200-$300 too much but worth it with GOOD service) and their new policy is we must install it our selves with Verifone Tech Support which which blows big time. After three weeks of back and forth the retards at Verifone and the now unsupportive TanTrack Tech Support, I finally got someone to feel sorry for me at Tantrack Tech Support and in two minutes I was up and running. Of course this transaction will ensure that I'm gone at MY earliest opportunity.
DH is offline   Reply With Quote