View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #68 (permalink)
Bronze1

Re: Membership - MANY approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Underhill View Post
This is certainly a way to operate a salon, the only problem is it does not work with todays consumer. To have a program where every time i tan I must be carrying cash is a very old concept.

While this is certainly something that can be done, it is a lot like selling minutes. Not a good idea for maximizing income potential.

Don't look at it simply as a tanning salon. Consider how consumers have evolved in how transactions are made today and will evolve even more as time goes on. An old method like copay is not going to make your salon more profitable. It is more likely to stimulate decreases in sales. Maybe you could also go back to a cash register and keeping track of tanners on file cards.
There you go again Steve,
(1) Stop giving irresponsible, bad advice.
(2) And you cant help but do it with arrogance in the way you say it.
You make yourself sound like a frustrated idiot.
(3) Shame on you for using this site to lure people in to ultimately
charge them money for your "consulting", when your information
can't be depended on to be responsible , balanced or legitimate.

Others have called you out on this site. I've read enough of your worthless blandering crap, you can add me to the list.

This information is not to debate you. It is to educate you. If I'm going to debate anyone they will have a lot better information and a lot smaller ego than you. Stop being a legend in your own mind and get with the program.

EFT and Monthly unlimited w/out copay programs provide a convenience to the customer. And there is enough to be said for "structuring" a salons pricing and marketing and properly training staff to effectively create additional sales in the salon. But EFT and Unlimited w/out copay also make it more convenient for customers to not bring money with them and to stop thinking about any need to spend more in the salon, making the additional sales more difficult to create. Copay plans are very effective at getting the customer back into the mode of bringing money in, cash and Credit/debit, which is a real good thing for the salon. Oh, and by the way, for most salons at least 25% of revenue is still cash. If you want to put yourself out of business do everything you can to discourage the cash revenue that you do still receive. The lower upfront price point for startup is attractive to many people, as well as having the option to prepay for convenience, as others have correctly said. The lower price point has a favorable affect on retention, and copay plans allow the salon to have more predictable control over revenue generated per package sold in relation to actual cost per package sold, because of the copay.

The irony is it appears you could learn a lot more from the people here than they can learn from you, even though you have self-anointed yourself to be the preacher. so we'll all pray for the preacher then. Have a great day.
Bronze1 is offline   Reply With Quote