View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 21 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: Membership - MANY approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsally View Post
While most salons know about the use of an EFT program, many haven't considered other alternatives.

The ones I find work best are some version of a "co-pay".

For example:

1. $99 year unlimited with $1 co-pay

Pay $99 upfront, and $1 each time you use Level 1. Other levels available for the $1 plus normal upgrade prices.

2. Super Saver Single Membership

Pay some smaller amount upfront (e.g. $9.99 for a month, $49.99 for a year) and pay half-off single walk-in visits for any equipment you want, any time.

What other membership programs have you tried? If not membership, what are YOU doing to "lock in" customers to your salon and keep them from trying a competitor?
This is certainly a way to operate a salon, the only problem is it does not work with todays consumer. To have a program where every time i tan I must be carrying cash is a very old concept.

While this is certainly something that can be done, it is a lot like selling minutes. Not a good idea for maximizing income potential.

Don't look at it simply as a tanning salon. Consider how consumers have evolved in how transactions are made today and will evolve even more as time goes on. An old method like copay is not going to make your salon more profitable. It is more likely to stimulate decreases in sales. Maybe you could also go back to a cash register and keeping track of tanners on file cards.
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote