View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 21 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: need help pricing new shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila-lu View Post
hi everyone! forgive me, i'm new to this posting stuff and would like some suggestions and or any ideas what to do. my current shop has an older, steady, year round customer base that's small but doing ok. now i have a new shop, right in the middle of a huge university campus. my competition is darqtan and a gal that has a a custom spray tanning shop. the beds i have are 4 tan america 20 min. catalinas, 3 15 min. ergoline ambitions w/ facials, 2 suncaps and 3, 12 minute tan america del rays w/facials. no spray booth yet. 7000 new student housing this fall, all full. i have no idea what to charge or what kind of packages to provide! this is a different ball game for me. i'm not as fancy or high pressure sales as darqtan. i'm setting up my prices now. the students will be back in about 3 weeks. any suggestions on my prices i should charge? packages? i don't want to be as compicated as the others in the area. thanks
Here is the problem. You have a shop before you have a business plan?

If you want to have a successful business you must go to the foundation of the business and work forward. A business model that will be successful in a regular market or in this case a college market must be a complete plan and strategy. Simply asking a forum what you should charge for tanning is a joke.

What made you decide on equipment mix? what is your marketing strategy? How is the design of your salon going to encourage sales? what is your strategy for hiring and training your staff? How will you determine your price structure so it will maximize the income potential in the college market? These are just a few questions.

People wonder why so many salons fail!
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote