View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
crosbytan

Re: need help pricing new shop!

Where are you located? I have a darque as competition and it's very easy to compete with them. Step 1 cleanliness! If you ever go into Darque it will almost give you a headache due to the smell of cleaner, This is a good sign that their salons are surgical grade sanitized however they don't use anything that has a fragrance to it. What one of my girls said they do is place a bucket of water and cleaner next to the A/C intake so the smell of cleaner is pumped across the salon. Good idea for you to do with a better smelling cleaner than them.
Step 2 Customer service! We see a lot of customers from them because they have little customer service skills from what we hear from our customers. They want to help out the small business that remembers their name, Their dogs name, Their major, ect... Getting personal will increase sales and public image.
Last but not least Keep your pricing simple compared to theirs! they do EFT and points and single session ect.... all in 5 different packages. Keep it simple your customers are students that are already tired from being in classes so what I would recommend is EFT Month to month and single sessions and do it on 3 price levels. Reg, (LVL 1-2) super (LVL 3-4) and Platinum (LVL 5 & HP) Buy some new to you equipment! Darque rarely upgrades equipment unless it is in a new salon. I purchased a 17 year old powerhouse 6000 and customers think it's brand new and like it better than any bed in the salon including HP.
It is hard to discuss pricing it depends on where you're located!!

Just my thoughts I'm sure some will disagree but this is what worked for us and while others are declining and struggling from last year to this year we have doubled
crosbytan is offline   Reply With Quote