View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
Tony

Re: Start With The Basics

(QUOTE from Steve Underhill) Tony I am in salons physically several times a week and through phone and email everyday day and work closely with my clients when it comes to managing staff. I am involved as much in salon operations as any salon operator I a sorry Steve but you are either delusional or intellectually dishonest to make this outrageous claim! Your "consulting" is far from being in the trenches. There is simply no comparison and I think its an insult to the owners on the front lines!. I would not be very effective at my job if I did not spend time in salons and with staff, and being involved with what makes a salon successful. That is why my clients experience such success. just today I spoke to 2 of my clients regarding May's numbers, one was up 42% over last may and the other also showing increases at his two salons with sales reaching $49K at one and $40K at the other. The operator that showed a 42% increase did over $3oK. These are solid numbers as a result of the salon operators execution of my instruction. I like the trenches. If you like the trenches Steve and your so good at telling others how to make money in indoor tanning then why the HECK dont you own your own tanning salon????????????????

I also spend time here trying to share and steering operators down a productive path. These salons that I mentioned above except for managers or owners when using cell phones for the operation of the salons have a no cell phone policy and have little employee turn over.
I think your misleading here too!

I know you feel no cell phone is harsh, however if you have clear procedure and policies in place and the employee understands them as part of taking the job, there is no resistance to not being able to use a cell phone. When introducing that policy to employees that did not have phone restrictions previously it is a hard pill to swallow because people hate change.

Are employees going to find ways to get by with phone use, sure but a lot less than if there is not a cell phone policy. No one said not to have
a cell phone policy. I said a policy of no cell phone use at all is a BAD policy!

We are spending a lot of time discussing only one policy that has an effect on business. There so many other things that should be addressed to insure you are maximizing the income potential in a salon.

If you are uncomfortable having a cell phone use policy, don't have one. The result of not having this policy will be what it is. This is a suggestion to consider or to ignore. I am uncomfortable with you giving advice that your not living as a salon owner and I am uncomfortable with you giving people bad advice.

Just remember every decision has a positive or negative effect on business, no decision has a neutral effect. In short unrestricted cell phone use will have a positive or negative effect on business, the decision is yours. This makes no sense? You claim its bad but now you claim its good or bad?

You can choose to pick your battles and focus on other areas of your business that can be changed.[/quote]

Last edited by Tony; 06-02-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote