View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
earthangels

Re: Adding beds to a small space advice please.

SunriseTan and BlackSun, do you really need to be a downer. You do not know anything about this person who is asking for advice. For you to comment as you did says a lot about you. This person is asking for your advice. Why not suggest to them that since they want to add to the printing business space, be sure to do a build-out that helps provide some division as not to have the different businesses "bleed" into each other. Maybe suggest they look into some TanWalls.

There is a small town in my state of Iowa with a population of approximately 2000. This business is extremely important to their little town. Under one roof you will find the following: bicycle rental, bicycle repair, small engine repair (i.e, weed eaters, push mower, chain saw, etc), Spring time they have have a nice selection of hanging baskets, tomato plants, bulbs, mulch. They sale chain saws, weed eaters, etc. They have a 4 table diner with typical diner food. There is a gift shop with some of the latest in gifts. There is also a 3-bed tanning salon.

I am also located in a small town, 4600 pop, about 45 minute drive from Des Moines. I opened in 2008 with a gift shop. After 5 years, it was time to either grow or close. I had a customer one day mention to me that our town needed a nice tanning salon. One of the locations I looked at had once been a Curves so there was electrical and rooms built for tanning beds. I put the word out and started asking people what they would think if I added them to my shop. The response was an overwhelmingly yes. I didn't end up with that location, but the idea of including tanning beds stuck with me. So, I hired a consultant who designed my floor plan. He never once told me not to do it. He worked with what I wanted and created a fantastic layout. There is a distinctive divide between the gift shop and the tanning. What's fantastic is this brought in a whole other demographic which is now buying tons of my purses. I've learned to cross promote and business is doing really well.

Go for it Sunnyboy!!!
earthangels is offline   Reply With Quote