View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
sunsally
Team TanTalk

Rep Power: 25 sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adding beds to a small space advice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sun View Post
This is why the tanning industry is on the skids...why a buying public does not take the industry seriously..tanning in a gas station.....tanning part of a screen print business...REALLY PEOPLE???

Take me back to the 80's..
I disagree.

Not every market needs/wants a "full scale salon" - of any form.

If you watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives you will see that there is a (more than one?) gas station offering up GREAT food!

For 30K - they could EASILY add in some tanning units and make additional revenue! Why go rent a separate location that needs separate staffing etc etc?

It might not work in a major market. But it isn't unusual at all in smaller towns. Also salons built into homes, gift shops, hair salons, nail spas, florists, gyms and many many other options.

And I don't think the people in this town will "not take the industry seriously" as a result. They will appreciate the opportunity - rather than having to drive 30 miles to the closest STC!
sunsally is offline   Reply With Quote