View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 20 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: This is the future

I want to point out something that can get lost in our conversations about the fear of the big chains. Lets take PBT for example. PBT in no way is the same salon as it was years ago. PBT has restructured and made changes to their business model. This is why they continue to grow. Keeping up with consumer trends and technology and what drives consumers is something that should be done with any business large or small.

This gets lost with the independent operator. They start with a plan good or bad and ride it to failure or success, which ever it brings and rarely recognizes or makes needed adjustments in business strategies. That is what has happened to the majority of salons today. Yes I said majority. The large chains and franchises are the minority in numbers. And yet they represent the best of the industry. Why? Because the independent operator strives to be mediocre instead of the best they can be.

They thumb their nose at what the future of our industry is going to be and simply say I am doing poorly because of things out of my control, while the successful operator is successful because of the things they can control.

Dare to take control.
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote