View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 20 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: Membership - MANY approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Steve

The number 1 reason why people start to tan and stop tanning is due to a photobiological reaction!
Are you aware of this? You can treat your client like Gold and they will still stop tanning! You just
cant get most people to tan year round which is the reason an EFT exists in the first place.

There are 3 types of EFT clients

1) Those that tan year round. The smallest group of EFT clients
2) Those that join, start tanning then stop tanning and QUIT PAYING! They are the largest group of EFT clients.
3) Those that join, start tanning then stop tanning and DONT QUIT paying. This group is the group you need to
focus on creating a larger number of members! This is member retention. This is the key metric!

Are you aware Steve that photobiology is responsible for our busy season?
Tony you have things fine tuned I assume with communication with your client being a matter of fact.

I think you will find that most operators are still lacking in some of the most basic operation skills. While I agree there are different profiles for the EFT client, you can still have a more positive effect of each type with your level of consistent communication.

EFT membership is only part of a well orchestrated price structure. What where and when you advertise can still allow you to have a more productive off season.

While there can be different price structures that can be effective, it is still imperative that the plan is properly executed on every level.

I know you like your $9.95 membership and assume that because it is so cheap people don't cancel, but to suggest this is the best program for all salons is probably not realistic.

I don't think any salon should look to only EFT as a price standard.

Some people will only make shorter term commitments for many different reasons. I believe having a price structure that offers something for everyone while maximizing the income potential from each type of tanner is a smart way to go.

This thinking is also easier to adapt to most existing salons.

You have to agree it is not simply pricing, there is much more to it than that.

Tony, I am not sure why you feel we are having a contest here, We have different views of what we feel works best. I think people can llisten to what we both have to say and decide for themselves what might be best for them to investigate further.

One thing is for sure, there are a great many operators here that can generate a great deal more income by making changes that will increase sales 100% of the time.

I just heard from a client today that with change increased sales by 90% in 2013 over 2012 and is up 184% in the first two month of 2014 over 2013. While so many operators are talking about how sales are down, it has to make you think about why?
Steve Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote