View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Steve Underhill

Rep Power: 20 Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about Steve Underhill has a spectacular aura about
Re: AND THE ANNUAL DOWNTREND CONTINUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot head View Post
Another factor, which is effecting our business, is the fact that the bad media blitz is finally getting to the younger tanners. I know of many former customers of ours that just don't tan any more. It's either the fact that they don't have the funds to spend on tanning, or they are afraid of getting skin damage, or worse, cancer. This is a losing battle, I'm afraid. As far as someone being up 45% over last year, I think they may be pulling your leg a little, Steve.
No one is pulling my leg, I get the sales reports and put the changes in place. While the rules are always changing it should never cause you to decline in sales. Sales are not declining because of rule changes. they are declining because you have not changed how you play the game.

Losing young tanners because of regulations is not having that much impact on sales. Negative press can have a very short term effect on the thinking of tanners, but only for a very short period of time. Why? Because the need to look good and feel good about yourself trumps everything and the consumer has a short memory.

Changes in your salon structure and pricing can increase sales to the point that a slight drop off because of negative press is complete a moot issue. Watch the Radio Shack super bowl commercial, it says it all. There must be change to grow your business.