View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
sunsally
Team TanTalk

Rep Power: 25 sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Competing with ridiculous Competitor's specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gena1968 View Post
how do you compete with another salon, I might add, in a small town who is running 20 free visits with purchase of a bottle of lotion? I mean seriously??

I could buy a bottle of lotion for $5 - sell it for $50.

And give 20 visits on a L1 bed - which would cost me about $10.

Meanwhile - during the 20 visits - talk to you about the benefits of upgrading, for "only a few dollars more today". Get you to do that even just a couple of times - maybe another $20-30.

At the same time - your friends might ask where you tan and THEY check me out. Not EVERYONE will buy the free visits with lotion package -- just like not everyone eats from the dollar menu at McDonalds.

It CAN still make a little money for the salon. But most of all - it is done as a 'Lure' to get you in the door, NOW, before busy season. When that package runs out - the staff sells you another one - NOT at that same big discount the next time.

And they are locked into THAT salon for season. Rather than their competitors (your salon).
sunsally is offline   Reply With Quote