View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
sunsally
Team TanTalk

Rep Power: 25 sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: last minute tanners

Update:

I was just at the Department of Motor Vehicles to renew plates. On the first Saturday of the month....

The posted hours for Saturday are 8-2.

When I called to see how late they were open, she said "2:00 -- and if you are IN LINE by 2, we will process you.".

I left immediately and arrived approx 1:30. There was a line out the door - 30 people maybe? Less then 30 degree temps.

I moved "inside" just about 2:00. Still another 20 or so behind me?

I finished at 3:10.

When I asked the clerk if this was because it was first Saturday of the month or of the new year, she said "Nope - it is like this most Saturdays". I asked "when do you usually actually get OUT?" and she said "Around 3:30-4".

CUSTOMER SERVICE NOTE:

Not only did they serve everyone who "got there" by 2:00 (many of whom probably looked up hours on-line and saw they closed at 2 and figured, ok, I have to get there by 2..."), but after locking the door, the clerk stood there for a good 10 mins more, and let a few more "ALMOST got there by 2:00..." in to process as well.

Think about this when setting salon policies....if the DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES has more "customer friendly" policies than YOUR business...... you may want to re-think....
sunsally is offline   Reply With Quote