View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elfmaze
I'm Banned

New bulbs for a home canopy

Part two of my home tanning bed rebuild is to get some new bulbs, I don't know much about the old bulbs(velocity plus VLP71) in there except I only have 11 working bulbs and buying one bulb seems silly. I bought the unit used so i don't know how many hours.

The two options I'm currently looking over are a relatively local ebay seller who will sell me 12 Super Sun Reflector 6.5's shipped for 16.46 a bulb.

OR The Cleartec 120R's from another website seller, The bulbs make a lot of bold claims about superiority in the frequency of the output and power due to special "sol glass".... Maby its just the cool green phosphor they use drawing me in. But 1600 hour life span also sounds good. BUT $23 a bulb shipped. the websites owner was super helpful explaining stuff to me hence why i wouldn't mind giving him business.

Should I be eliminating one of these or looking at another option? We both have light olive skin I tan fairly quickly she tans very slow. but we are both getting very slow results with the "crippled" canopy(only 9 bulbs working until new ballast and bulbs get in) at 15 to 20 mins per side.

Thanks for any advice!
Elfmaze is offline   Reply With Quote