View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
House of Tan
Team TanTalk

Rep Power: 21 House of Tan has a spectacular aura about House of Tan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Spray tan won't come off

So far for us when it comes to body wash the only “drug-store” brand we like is Simply Ivory or Simply Ivory w/ aloe.

For body lotions, they pretty much all impede to some degree unless diluted down about 50/50 with water; diluting is the key.

In my experiences, the chances of issues after a spray tan are greater with dry skin vs. moisturized skin. That said, since most spray solutions no longer have alcohol in them, and are now loaded with aloe & lanolin; as long as someone comes straight from a shower, there really should be no reason for a person to have to moisturize (as you have mentioned).

However in a dry skin case, I personally would not risk it.

It should be noted that all I (we) do is spray tanning and thus we have very specific scripts for when a new client calls in. We use these scripts to make sure we give the client specific instructions for their preparation prior to coming in. We also do not take walk-ins for new clients; you get one shot to win a new client over, make it the best experience possible.