View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Brian Aviva Lab

Re: Spray tan won't come off

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Tan View Post
I personally feel that the "don't use lotion prior to a spray tan” is a left over from the older solutions that did not absorb as quickly as the new solutions do.[/color]

We have sprayed with various test areas on the body and checked the outcome. It really is no big deal anymore.

That said, we very much dislike Dove "creamy" stuff, not good at all.

If you spray, run some tests in house and see for yourself what products do what.
House of Tan,

Firstly--Congratulations on so many successful tans!
My main concern in regards to the moisturizing before a spray tan was that it would block the tan because it is putting something on the skin to act as a barrier--it's great that you have found a technique that seems to work and I encourage you to keep that technique (If it's not broke, don't fix it). I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of your results also!

Maybe instead of us talking about the possibilities of creating a barrier, we can create a thread and ask everyone what moisturizers definitely should not be used before spray tanning (as you said: the Creaminess of Dove is really bad--obviously there will be others that are bad as well).
--I think that this would greatly help other spray tanners out there, and ensure that their clients are satisfied (and not sabotaging their own tans).

Yes, we spray, test products and moisturizers--we also use everything we learn when we manufacture our solution .
--We actually are in the process of creating consumer reports about everything from oils/alcohols in moisturizers to spray tents vs. backdrops--anything we can think of that would help "get the word out".