View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
peach

Re: CONSULTANTS??? Do you use

I agree with everything that you said, especially the promising of levels of profitability and increased sales. But with consultants, the improvement must be measurable in these areas or you will soon be out of a job and client leads. However, paying someone 10k to get a 10k yearly increase in sales would not be a great investment but maybe worth the risk to some salon owners.

I have an extensive list of references that potential clients can refer if needed and I am sure that Steve does as well.

All consultants have to balance their advise with the cold hard truth. There will be times when the clients cost structure will make them non-competitive; other times market saturation will make investing more money an unwise choice. As a consultant, you must be willing to give that advise when the evidence and data dictates, which may mean losing a client or 2 along the way.

Your best bullet point was- "do not let your tanning salon become stale" constantly change it even if you are happy with your profitability. Keeping your store interesting is the most important thing an established store can do.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote