View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
peach

Re: CONSULTANTS??? Do you use

I have been in the indoor tanning biz for 21 years. I have also been a consultant in US manufacturing for almost as long. As hard as it is for many to understand, there is a place for consultants in Tanning and other industries. The reason that consultants often help when other internal methods of improvement fail, is the "human nature" factor. That is that humans tend to look at those around them as part of the problem, and not part of the solution , so that when internal suggestions are given, they are quickly rejected and no improvement occurs.

When you reach out and PAY someone for advise, this is an acknowledgement that internal generated ideas cannot help and the mental "door" has been opened for new ideas to be accepted. It isn't so much what the consultant does or says, but your willingness to accept and put into practice what they are saying, without finding an excuse to reject it.

I personally do not think that there are many real "tricks" to the tanning business, that you cannot find out for yourself if you are open to it. But many times, we are not open to it until we pay someone for it; and for that reason alone, a consultant could be worth every penny you pay them.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote