View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
peach

Re: Where's adam.sand?

Adam, you are some kind of urban legend, man! A couple more thoughts on the subject of taking appointments:

As the indoor tanning business contracts, there will be more salons fighting over fewer clients. And all clients are not the same. So, in the future, for salons to "win" in their markets, they will need to distinquish between year round tanners and seasonal tanners. They will need to cater to these year round tanners, and make all tanning customers feel special.

Having "one size fits all" processes for running your stores is a methodology of a by-gone era of the tanning industry when tanners were plentiful and salons were few. The "No appointment" process is such an old school method. The tanners of today, are super busy-if they tan in a salon, they will expect the salon to work around THEIR schedule-not the other way around.

If every time they walk into your door, they are being told to wait, or buy something else (after they have already bought their package), they will eventually either; 1) go outdoors as soon as possible, 2) go to another salon, or 3) Buy their own bed. In other words, they will find some alternative that is convenient for THEM.

SO, being an independent salon owner, I do not want to imitate these old school ways of running a tanning salon. And I am glad that my competition continues to do these and other things that make it easy on the salon owner but do not create an experience that makes a customer feel special.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote