View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
jenuinetan

Exclamation Re: Anyone using Norvell's VIP unit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenuinetan View Post
I love my Norvell VIP unit! I have been using it now for over a year and just had to replace the hose. Unfortunately I couldn't get the same hose as the original so I have a new quick connect disconnect hose using adaptors so I can use my original guns. Yay!

I used it today and noticed some important differences the hose is slimmer and longer then the original hose with some metal components. I think because the hose is slimmer the handle gets hot which was actually kind of nice as my hands were cold. It was definitely easier to disconnect to dry the client as the adaptor stays in the gun so it feels like a bit more secure.

I did buy a new spray gun which says M1000 from a VIP2 and the hose attaches above the handle. I will be testing that shortly. It doesn't fit as well in the gun holder of the original turbine but I put a neoprene glove on the cup and it feels more snug. Clients love the warm air feature and it really helps for drying in the solution!
I was loving my new hose and just had another booking with the same client that I had to tape the hose (mid-tan) we joked before the tan about the incident and I showed her how I now carry black electrical tape HAHAHA and bought a cool new hose with a intentional quick disconnect feature (different design).

Wouldn't you know mid-way through the tan the NEW hose did the exact same thing! Thank goodness she is super cool and I had tape so I mega taped it and finished the tan. I think there is an issue with the warm air and the hose expanding which causes it to pop off from the connector. VERY EMBARASSING for sure but really freaky that it happened months a part with the same client and a different hose.

Just bought a mini-mist as a portable back-up unit just in case the next issue is the turbine rather than the hose and cannot be easily Macgvered on the go!
jenuinetan is offline   Reply With Quote