View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
peach

Re: ITA Election results

Name me 1 "win" for the tanning industry on the legislative front or in the hearts and minds of the public as it applies to indoor tanning in the last 10 years. ???

For the ITA, Its been all damage control and defensive positions. In most sports, you have to score to win. The dermatology industry has beaten the Tanning industry senseless during the last 10 years. They have been successful in shrinking the the indoor tanning market through public misinformation and legislatively through laws restricting indoor tanning ages, and added to the cost of doing business with mindless rules and regulations. They are currently winning 50-0.

And what has the tanning leadership done? They stand around on the sidelines crying "foul". And thats IT. I do not mean to put down the industry that I have been a part of for 20 years but it is TRUTH.

It is sad to read these blogs everyday with salon owners struggling and losing their stores almost every day, while the tanning Industry leadership stands around and does nothing but try to limit the damage. They deserve better.

The tanning idustry is unique-it is one of the few industries that you can get into a business without having 1 million dollars to begin with. It should be protected for future generations.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote