View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
adam.sand
Just a Squirrel

Rep Power: 19 adam.sand is just really nice adam.sand is just really nice adam.sand is just really nice adam.sand is just really nice
Re: How often do you work in your salon weekly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annajmorey View Post
I'm sorry to hear that! I don't own my salon exactly, my father does, but is currently training me to take it over (he is retiring soon), and I have actually been working unpaid in order to keep our two best employees over the summer. I'm in school and living at home so it's not much of an issue for me, but I totally understand the issue. My father is in the salon most days though, I think its good for an owner to work and connect with their customers! its probably one of the big reasons our customers keep coming back.
That is a GREAT way to start your takeover. Nothing would **** off clients more than to have the punk child come in and take away that ownership presence that made them love the place.

I personally hate being in my salon these days, and the customers can tell, my staff do a far better job lol. So I just stay out of their way and take care of the manager really well. She loves her position of power and my clients love her more than they like me.

I perceive this to be every salon owners goal, in whole or in part. I don't want anyone to hate their salons though. I have just found a new passion and feel like the salon takes me away from it sometimes.

http://fromrigstoriches.wordpress.com

Mr. Belvedere wishes he had half of my ideas, and 100% of my nerve.

(put here by Belvy himself.. not me lol)
adam.sand is offline   Reply With Quote