View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
gravesmc

Wink Re: Negative publicity, recession and less volume. (The elephant in the room)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Guy View Post
Gravesmc,

I don't know what happened to my reply to you back the same day you posted yours. This second reply will be shorter.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. Unfortunately in today’s society staff, customers, friends or just people in general can be jealous of successful entrepreneurs while discounting just how much risk there is involved to get there. A failing business is much worse than being unemployed because you not only don't get money to live on personally but you have to support the business losses which can result in a loss of ones life’s savings... everything. My guess is that you have thought of a billion options to get yourself out of your situation so I doubt I can offer much here. Just try to keep in mind that if it is a business decision you may be better off to take the loss, re-group and move on sooner rather than later. I'm not telling you to throw in the towel but remember what is important in life, make the hard business decisions, pick yourself up and pick the right direction for you.

We were lucky that we had 9 years of great sales before the crazy stuff started happening. However, my point about the change in the industry still appears to be relevant as public perception seems to be changing for the worse. Unfortunately personal entitlements and loss of freedoms appears to really be changing how people think and act. On some levels it is kind of sad.
Thank you for your reply. I'm sure many of us thought about the "be your own boss" sence of freedom when opening your own business without realizing how much you are going to work in the business to save on payroll. I try not to look back with regrets too, and things could always be worse. I have at least made enough to pay all the bills without being in the hole at the end of my first year, so I will hang in there
gravesmc is offline   Reply With Quote