View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Good_Guy

Re: Negative publicity, recession and less volume. (The elephant in the room)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Twilight View Post
I contribute the high numbers to a few things. I managed tanning salons while in college, have a degree in advertising and work for a few years in outbound sales positions for large corporate companies. I also have an amazing staff who truly care about the business. I work about 20 hours a week but constantly pop in to make sure everything is running smoothly. We don't do eft's (shocker I know) and run specials monthly, not sales, but focus on specific packages and have amazing customer service. I truly love being in this business and can only imagine how great it could have been if I had opened in the early 2000's..would have been in high school though so that wasn't really an option lol. Thought I'd give my feedback to show that there can be a positive and profitable way to make it in this industry.

Thanks for the feedback Lady Twilight. I may be wrong but I would suggest that your example is in the Great Sales category. You should be very proud of what you are doing. It would be interesting to know more about your location but that isn't the objective of this thread.

Any other owners willing to share their thoughts on sales volume, customer volume, before and/or after 2008 would be great. Also, feedback on negative publicity would also be good.
Good_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote