View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Spook

Re: Negative publicity, recession and less volume. (The elephant in the room)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Guy View Post
Thanks for the great feedback. Do you mind elaborating a bit? Are you suggesting your salon numbers are much higher or lower? Can you 'ball park' your sales to help understand your comment a little better? Also, how long have you been in the industry? Have you seen a decline in sales and/or customer volume since 2008?
Our numbers are much lower, <$100k. I opened the salon after buying equipment from someone else in 2009. Business has remained fairly constant since we opened, but that "constant" is well below what I need to be making. I work ~70 hours a week, 7 days a week, for free. If there was a semi-painless way out, I'd take it. Hope keeps me going (for now; quickly dwindling), and fear of prison keeps me from arson.

I had no industry experience when opening the place in 2009, which was a mistake, but it's something I have to deal with as I can't take back my choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markee88 View Post
Spook?? Did red light help increase revenue??
Yeah, enough to make it worthwhile for us, however, I don't expect to be offering it by this time next year due to the FDA.
The Spook is offline   Reply With Quote