View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
ricky13

Re: Survey =) The Top Selling Lotions in Your Salon

We used to carry the " Big 3 " ..." California Tan, Swedish Beauty and Australian Gold " but when I found out that Australian Gold and Swedish Beauty did NOT have ANY Tyrosine in their lotions I decided to stop carrying them.

I called Australian Gold and I wrote to them as to WHY they didn't use Tyrosine in their lotions and they said they believed that " Good moisturized skin will help a person get a nice dark tan" and even though I DO believe that good moisturized skin helps the skin to get a nice tan, and dry skin DEFLECTS up to 40% of the UV rays a tanning bed emits, moisturized skin also helps to prolong the life of a tan.

I also firmly believe that a lotion should have at least ONE form of Tyrosine in it because it would help a person to get that deep, dark tan faster than a lotion without Tyrosine.

After we completely phased out the " Big 3 " lotions, NOW we ONLY carry Designer Skin, SUPRE and a few HEMPZ Indoor Tanning Lotion(s) and HEMPZ Moisturizers.

I'm sure everyone can relate as to how a client can be reluctant to purchase an Indoor Tanning Lotion, so I get them to try a sample and I explain the reasons why it is important to use an Indoor Tanning Lotion. So I get them to purchase and try a sample and then most do say after their session that their skin doesn't feel so tight ( dry ) and then when they come back the next day or 2 and are very happy with the color they got from using that Indoor Tanning Lotion, everything is " peachy " UNTIL they hear the prices of some of the lotions, like Designer Skin's " Obsidian", and it's cost being around $120.00, so I can pretty much count on them to purchase a HEMPZ Indoor Tanning Lotion for $45.00 to $60.00. They are decent lotions and it might not seem that much but at least I get them to purchase and use an Indoor Tanning Lotion !!! Then I give them " The Speach " about Diversion !!!

Our clients also LOVE the HEMPZ moisturizers, especially the HEMPZ " Touch Of Summer " Moisturizers. There are 2, one is for FAIR skin tones and one for MEDIUM skin tones. They have a " hint " of DHA in them, there is NO DHA smell, and the " sunless tan " PEAKS after 7 applications so the DHA will NOT cover an existing tan, if anything it helps even out skin tones and helps an existing tan to look a little deeper and darker PLUS it also has the GREAT moisturizers and anti-oxidants the other HEMPZ Moisturizers have !!! The new HEMPZ Moisturizer I'm carrying is the HEMPZ Pomegranate moisturizer . Pomegranate seems to be the new " IT " ingredient in body and facial products because it is loaded with anti-oxidants and even though we also carry HEMPZ Age Defying Moisturizer , which is also loaded with anti-oxidants and also "peptides" to help produce Collagen to help firm and tone the skin and help minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles, the Pomegranate moisturizer is loaded with anti-oxidants and anti-oxidants ALSO have anti-aging properties. So, long story a little shorter ( I hope ), the majority of my clients LOVE HEMPZ Moisturizers, I can barely keep my shelves filled with them.

That's about it. I have been thinking of maybe trying one of the Devoted Creations Lotions that has one of the Jersey Shore " Reality Star's " name on it...I think it is " Pauly D ", and I'm wondering if I have it on my shelves, if it would sell because of the " Celebrity " endorsing it ...???

Has anyone tried the Jersey Shore " Reality Stars " Tanning Lotions...??? I think "JWOWW" is Australian Gold, "Pauly D" is Devoted Creations and "Snooki" is SUPRE. I'm curious if they would sell based on the "celebrity" name on it ...??? I'm sure these people had absolutely NOTHING to do with the creation of the tanning lotion. I'll bet the ONLY thing they did was to agree to have their name put on it !!!

If anyone has tried the Jersey Shore " Celebrity " Lotions, please let me know if you like them, if they sell, and if one is better than another, etc...ANY and ALL replies will be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this !!!
Have a great week !!!