View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
BuyersGroup

Re: Do you manage your online reputation?

Here is my take

Folks are creatures of habit we all use the same supermarket, drugstore, etc...

It been shown that most people now search the internet for the business website so that they know more about the business before they ever set foot inside.

I have salon websites in the most remote locations and even they garner many uniques per day. A larger chain gets several hundred a day.

A salon without a website in 2012 is making a huge mistake. A legit one not a wick site or some junk that doesn't reside on a dedicated domain name.

On google every salon should have claimed their place page and spent the ten seconds filling out your info.

Same on bing rest don't really matter.

Facebook should cross to your website and twitter and G+ and 4sq. On facebook make sure you claim your phone listing so that all your checkins get recongnized.

You can automate your twitter and facebook posts easy enough for free. However you should infrequently post on either or you will simply get hidden and lose traction with your "likes". Texting is currently the rage but I expect will be history in 12-24 months as folks get sick of getting texts from places. You are already seeing the move away from this format. clubtexting is a good very low cost company for texting. emails no longer work.
BuyersGroup is offline   Reply With Quote