View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
wanderlusttan

My first free tan weekend

This weekend I opened my salon location after moving from just mobile. I decided to do a free spray tan weekend to get clients that had never tried spray tanning before. I structured it to get everyone to upgrade and get EFT going. My lightest solution was free (6%), upgrading to medium (9%) was $5 and dark (12%) was $10. I only had 3 people stick with light. I also had tan extender on sale, but didn't concentrate on that as I really wanted to get EFT members.

First, I made everyone schedule, no walk ins. I have an online booking calendar and everyone loved it. This really helped us keep things on track as we were testing sales methods.

I marketed by using google and facebook ads, bandit signs around town, and flyers to local salons, gyms, etc. For my marketing next time I think I will leave the "spray" out and just say free tan weekend to see if I can get more traffic and convince more people to try spray tanning .

Results: I averaged $15.83 per client for a "free" spray tan ! With sales practice I know I can get that up.

Today I'm going to be following up with everyone and offering those that didn't sign up for EFT a special to try and get those contracts. Thank you to everyone that has posted such helpful info on this site, I've learned so much!
wanderlusttan is offline   Reply With Quote